Our club is run entirely by volunteers. Quality volunteers are critical to the conduct and growth of the game because they determine the quality of the club environment and, hence the experience for players and their families.
Volunteers are the glue that holds together every football club in Australia. They dedicate hours of time and energy every year, working in a variety of ways and completing many necessary tasks. Without the dedication of these volunteers, football clubs, as we know them, would not exist. Community football continues to thrive through the efforts of volunteers.
Working with Children Check
The “Working With Children Act 2005” requires all people working with children to undergo and pass the “Working with Children Check”.
Volunteers do not need to pay the application fee as this cost is being met by the Victorian Government. Application forms are available from any Australia Post Office. For more about the check, visit the workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au – about the check page.
Coach Appointment Process
- Coaches are appointed from season to season, commencing from the date of appointment and ceasing on Presentation Day each year.
- Next season’s applications are taken in the period between the end of the home and away season in August and the nominated closing date in October each year.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Football Operations Manager and interview panel.
- Positions still vacant will be advertised and remain open until a suitable person is appointed.
- Existing coaches are invited to re-apply to coach the same team again.
Note: Our club’s intention is to try to introduce a new coach to each team every 2 – 3 years. However, our ability to do this will depend on the suitability of the applications that we receive from year to year.
Each team is required to have:
- 1 Coach
- 1 Assistant Coach
- 1 Team Manager
- 1 Runner
- 1 Trainer for U8’s to U13’s, and
- 2 Trainers for U14’s to U17’s.
The support staff is appointed by the head coach. The Assistant Coach must be approved by the club before the appointment is finalised. The Coach, Assistant Coach and Trainer must attend a league approved course to gain the necessary accreditation required. The cost of the course will be met by the club.
|Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Trainers||Must be accredited or agree to attend a league approved course to gain club accreditation.
Note: The cost of the course will be met by the club.
To apply for a coaching position, please complete bjfc-coach-application-form 2017 (doc) and send it prior to the nominated closing date to:
PO Box 519
All queries should be directed to the Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org